Sunday, August 15, 2021

Lolita 50 Questions

I'm a little under the weather so I decided to try something simple to distract from how frumpy I feel. I actually saw this originally on neocities! (Side note: my neocities webpage says I haven't updated it 9 months...😰..). Anyways, I found the original LJ post so I decided to give it a go!


 1.  Please tell us your Hand Name (name that’s used ONLY in internet.) and hometown.

         The screen name I've been using since high school is Sunny! Jude is good too! (it's my confirmation name 💀) My hometown is a small town in the desert. At the moment I'm living in a small city by a river in the forest.

2.  About how long is your history as a Lolita?

        One year!

3. What first motivated you to do Lolita fashion?

        Junji Ito x Cat Romance collaboration lolita set.

4.  After knowing Lolita fashion, have you had any time-gap or resistance till you actually started to be Lolita?

    Around......  7 years??

5. Please define your Lolita style as much as possible. (eg. gothic Lolita, sweet Lolita, white Lolita…. Etc).

    Old school classic

6. About how many Lolita friends do you have?

    A handful! But maybe more in the future!!! I went to my first meet recently and I hope to go to another meet soon cause I really loved talking to everyone.

7. What is the best thing about doing Lolita?

    The sense of community!

8. Conversely, what's the worst thing?

    Sewing lolita clothes and accessories is complicated

9. Which Lolita Brands do you like?

    Victorian Maiden, HEART E and Metamorphose!

10. What was the first Lolita item that you’ve owned?

    Innocent World's Apron JSK

11. What is the “must have!” Lolita item?

    Blouse with extreme peter pan collar.

12. Do you wear drawers?

    I'm tall for lolita so I have to (also I love peaking bloomers)

13. Do you have any favourite Japanese music?

     Yeah! Here's some albums I reccomend:  Suki Suki Daisuki (Jun Togawa), Cozy (Tatsuro Yamashita), Lamp Genso (Lamp), Love Songs and Lamentations (Itsuroh Shimoda), Utakata no Hibi (Mariah). And of course I love Malice Mizer too (my fave song is Claire beacause the steel drums makes me crack up). I actually own two japanese vinyls.. they seem to be folk music recorded in the 60s. I don't have a record player though. There's also this japanese cover by Jeanette <3

14. Where do you particularly visit as Lolita?

    Nowhere really.... meetups if I can make it to them..

15.  About how many times per week do you dress as Lolita? 

    Once a week at MOST. Usually 2-4 times a month or something like that. 

16. Please tell us about one embarrassing episode from the time when you were just beginning Lolita.

    Using a skirt with a built in petticoat as a petticoat under dresses.........😐

17. What's hairstyle and color that you think Lolita would suite the most?

    Ponytails!!!! No matter the substyle they look good with lolita.

18. Have you ever thought of stopping Lolita? The reason?

      Yea kinda for money and anxiety reasons  

19. Please tell us your heart's bible as a Lolita. (anything like a book, magazine, CD, idol...)

    GLBs and escaragot skin. I also own the book version of FRUiTS which I love (i've been hunting for the fresh fruits edition for years now lol..) and a few books on historical clothing and costumes that also inspire me.

20. Do you own a doll? Tell us your feelings about her intensely!

    Yes! I named her San Dilys she's a fake antique from the 70s. (I was gonna post a picture but I'm not good at taking photos..)

21. What kind of make-up do you wear when you wear Lolita clothes?

    Sometimes my go-to 60s/70s makeup which is a twiggy kind of thing. Sometimes a lipstick, blush and thick eyebrows kind of thing.

22. Have you ever secretly changed clothes in a train station bathroom on Lolita day-out?

    No but I have in the past outside of lolita 😅

23.  Are you composed when doing Lolita all by yourself?

    Yeah I've never dressed like mainstream-ly so I'm pretty used stares and to a point to even getting asked for pictures.

24. How much do you spend in your Lolita clothes& accessary monthly?

    Uhhhhhhhh like somewhere in the 200 usd range? If I actually buy something that month.

25. What is the most expensive Lolita thing you've bought so far? How much was it?

    My antique bouquet trumpet sleeve dress... 32,000 yen.... plus a shipping service... plus shipping....

26. So far about how much has the expense been for Lolita goods?

    Alot 😬

27. Lolita outfit really costs money. How do you raise money to cover the cost of Lolita?

    government assistance......?

28. Have you ever bought from an online store? If so, please tell us its good and bad points and some advice for the future. If not, please tell us why not.

    All my lolita (at the moment) I got online. I think it's easier to get disspointed with things you've bought online than in person. My advice is to memorize your measurements in inches and centimeteres (add an inch or 2 cm for things to be comfortable)... you can also measure well fitting clothing you already have for stuff like shoulder width and sleeve length.

29. Even if you sort of want to keep it a secret, please clandestinely tell us about a private manufacturer that is the best.

    I can't think of anyone right now but a secondhand shop I like that I've never heard anyone mention before is Fairy Angel! They do international shipping too!

30. Is there a brand and/or an item that you think, "I could never get it! But I unreasonably want it!"?

    Lots of older things! Right now the set preoccupying my mind is Hospitality Doll. Or the version from 2012 the Engelsbeginn set or the newest iteration Name of Guardian Healer...

31. What do you think about people who only do Lolita at music-lives or cosplay?

    They seem cool. I've never been to a concert or cosplayed.

32. From what age to what age is it acceptable to do Lolita? Do you think that there's a state in which someone must graduate from Lolita? (you can answer as ‘never graduate’)

    I don't think there is an age you should stop but I imagine that personally I will probably want to change at some point...

33. Is there a Lolita fashion or behavior that you think "I don't want Lolitas to do this!" about?

    There's a specific person I think about whenever I see this question.... being mean/condescending/purposefully rude is generally not a good way to just live.

34. Is there something you think "Lolita has to be this way!" about?

    General shape/anatomy rules I guess but alot of my favourite coords (to look at and wear) don't really follow all the rules so.........

35. While doing Lolita, has something changed from earlier than you did Lolita?

    My style goals changed pretty drastically. I originally planned to be a moitie brandwhore but that never happened ....

36. Do you go to school/work as Lolita?

    No... My field of work and study has to do with plants so it's very dirty

37. Do you wear Lolita clothes as casual wear?

    No... but I do wear bloomers under dresses sometimes

38. Do you have a boyfriend (or husband)? Do you understand each other? (I think she meant “Does he understand you (as lolita)?”)

    (not in a relationship anymore but yeah they liked it okay!)

39. What do the people around you think of your doing Lolita? Do they accept it?

    They also just think it's cute but I think the older I get the less they'll probably put up with it ... 😅

40. What kind of Lolita is who has impressed you the most up until now?

    My friends! Their coords are always so fantastic 🥺 

41. Have you ever made your own Lolita clothing or/and accessories? If so, what was the best item that you’ve made?

    I've made my own clothes for a while now... I have no best item because I haven't been able to finish nearly anything I've started since starting to make lolita clothes.

42. If you have an ideal Lolita outfit or coordination, please tell us.

    Soo many pieces always floating around in my head... a coord I've been thinking about for a while but haven't tried yet is: angel op, ringlet curls, platform boots, peaking bloomers, black straw hat and rosary jewelry. 

43. Is there a motif that you think “this is a simple of Lolita”?

    Parasols <3

44. Would you want to dress your children as Lolita?

    No. They're too messy.

45. What's your image of the ideal Lolita?

    Visually, ads from 2000-2004 specifically metamorphose and victorian maiden... personality wise.. I don't think there's an ideal lolita personality. Lifestyle wise?? I always think specific textile based handcrafts like lace tatting and crochet and embroidery. Or even like handsewing clothes or stuffed animals (machines don't seem to fit the lolita image in my head 🤣). Baking and tea always seem especially lolita. My ideal lolita alternate universe self is a milliner who lives in a town with cobblestone streets and spends time cataloguing the plants in the woods and fields near her home... or something like that.....



Thats all for today! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment